We can't wait to see you, but first we need to chat.
Black people are being murdered in this country and their lives matter. Full stop. While we are excited to open our stores, we know that we must do our part to uplift BIPOC voices as a whole.
Work in the diversity and inclusion space isn't new for us, but we intend to work harder than ever to ensure what we stand for represents something bigger than ourselves. (Keep reading for additional details.)
Now that we're open, here's what we're doing to keep our employees and staff safe:
- Store capacity will be limited to 10 people or less including staff. We ask that you practice social distancing and limit groups to 2. If we are at capacity, please wait on the designated X until it is your turn to enter.
- A mask or face covering must be worn. Our staff will also be wearing them at all times. If you don't have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Our staff will be temperature screening before every shift.
- Hand sanitization stations will be at our entrance and throughout our store. High traffic areas including door knobs and our checkout will be cleaned at regular intervals.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at our checkout for added safety.
- Contactless pay options are available and we will not be accepting cash or performing any merchandise returns at this time.
- We ask our guests to be mindful of others and limit the handling of merchandise.
As part of an ongoing strategy, we will be selecting a charity to donate a portion of our profits to each week in June. This week's charity is The Loveland Foundation.
In their own words, they are committed to showing up for communities of color in unique and powerful ways, with a particular focus on Black women and girls. Our resources and initiatives are collaborative and they prioritize opportunity, access, validation, and healing.
A closing note, thank you for the support and love you've shown us over the past few months especially. We'll never forget it.
Chip + Dann